One of the largest firms in the Newcastle region my client is continuing to experience growth through their strong referral base. This firm doesn’t often have roles at this level as they have an extremely low turnover and train from Graduate level up. However due to the acquisition of a number of clients they are opening an Intermediate level position.
Why this firm?
The reason this is one of my favourite firms in Newcastle and also why they rarely have any staff leave is because of their culture. While many firms may say they have a great culture, this company has done it right…
- Family and quality of life is number 1 – if you need to leave to attend an appointment, have kids to pick up from school or a family member visiting and want some time off, no questions are asked
- Active social club with two quality events each quarter
- Internal company newsletter is distributed to keep you up to date on celebrations, birthdays, achievements of your colleagues
- Community day is encouraged – opportunity to give back to your choice of charity and be paid to do so
- Various financial bonuses from bringing in business to not taking excess sick leave
Exposure and experiences:
The clients here are also sought after – good quality work for you to get stuck into from day one. You will be given a portfolio with clients averaging turnovers between $5-20M. As you become confident you can choose to take on more advisory responsibilities. You will work directly with the clients and build one on one relationships. The Partners here are all available to you – full access.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 1 years of experience as an Accountant in an Australian Accounting firm.